RAISING TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY
What sort of things cause men to raise their testosterone level? Of course we all now know it is stress, bad food, various drugs (including recreational), excessive alcohol, being unhappy with your job, and just getting older. To supplement a testosterone drug will not help you to make your own testosterone and side effects are horrific just like the hormonal treatments offered to women. It is important to avoid anything with labels (external and internal) that include paraben, paraffin, BPA (from plastics), and soy everything. Using soy sauce is not a problem, but soy meat products and soy in processed foods is very important to eliminate. Soy oil and soy milk is a must to eradicate from your diet. Soy causes “man boobs” so getting rid of it matters and should not be taken lightly, not to mention is lowers thyroid function so it makes you fat. Other reasons men can believe their testosterone is low can be undiagnosed diabetes or pre-diabetes. Be sure to have your blood sugar checked as a first thing if over 40 or 50 years old. You will raise your testosterone levels by getting enough sleep and lifting weights and exercise; both of these are free!
So what are the natural options? And yes, they really do work, but you have to give it time.
1. Ginseng- must be Red Panax, If you have high blood pressure, you may want to opt instead for Fo-Ti (foh-tee) which responds like ginseng but without being as likely to raise blood pressure. It also helps prevent the development of grey hair!
2. Ginger Root- also helps to reduce cortisol (belly fat)
3. Ashwagandha Root- also helps reduce cortisol and will increase sperm count for those with fertility issues. This herb raises your free testosterone which is harder to do.
4. Longjack- excellent herb for raising overall testosterone. This is one of best repeat sellers.
5. Horny Goat Weed- excellent herb for raising overall testosterone. This is one of best repeat sellers.
6. DHEA- this is a very important natural steroid hormone that all men over 50 must take unless a medical evaluation says otherwise.
7. Triphala- increases testosterone
8. Yohimbe- increases testosterone, vasodilator which increases blood flow and helps to correct ED
9. Zinc- about 30mg. per day and be sure to try to get it from foods after building up a good level. Zinc is plentiful in the prostate gland and is important to reducing inflammation. Eating 4 oz. of white button mushrooms every day can do wonders for prostate health. Supplement 50mg per day for a month then switch to foods to support the loading dose;
These foods include; Crimini mushrooms, lentils, fava beans, chick peas, kidney beans, black beans, spinach, asparagus, sesame butter, oysters, sesame seeds, grass fed beef, watermelon seeds, roasted pumpkin and squash seeds, dark chocolate, cocoa powder, venison, scallops, oats, yogurt, turkey, shrimp, lamb, peanuts and toasted wheat germ are some foods that are rich in zinc.
10. Eat foods that help you to naturally produce testosterone and lower “bad” estrogen. These foods include; COOKED broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage. Garlic contains diallyl-disulfide, a compound that enhances a hormone which increases testosterone production. Sweet potatoes, and medicinal mushrooms may help increase testosterone levels. Avoid grapefruit, this fruit stimulates an enzyme that produces estrogen, and counteracts the production of testosterone. Grapefruit is a good fruit food source for women who need more natural estrogen. Avoid UNCOOKED cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, etc.) These must be cooked in order to improve testosterone.
11. If you are over 50, be sure to get two blood tests; one for checking your blood sugar, and secondly for measuring your DHEA levels. DHEA is a safe hormone that starts dropping off at around 25 years old.