Allspice Whole Berries Organic
Allspice Whole Berries– Certified Organic— This unripe spice berry and its leaf is used as a culinary seasoning and to make medicine. The active chemical in is eugenol.
Allspice Benefits May Include–
- Allspice contains valuable essential oils that are used in many medicinal compounds. Eugenol is a phenylpropanoids class of chemical compound which gives Allspice its fragrance. The outer shell of the berries contains the greatest concentration of medicinal compounds including caryophyllene, glycosides, tannins, methyleugenol, quercetin, resin, and sesquiterpenes. Volatile oils are quality processed when they are steam distilled and captured into an essential oil concentrate.
- Just same as pepper, the active compounds in Allspice increase increase the motility of digestive tract, which is why it may be used medicinally to empty the bowels. Allspice will increase enzyme secretions both in the stomach and the intestines. So although it is excellent as a digestive aid, bear in mind that it speeds digestion and should not be used as a remedy in cases of chronic diarrhea for this reason. As an ingredient in foods or beverages, you can enjoy the health benefits of Allspice without issues in mostly any case, just not as a solitary.
- Allspice has properties to reduce gas, especially in the lower bowel. It warms the core and is an anti-inflammatory.
- Eugenol in Allspice is an antiseptic and anesthetic when applied in dental treatments.
- Allspice is synergistic with oregano and garlic. Combine oil of Allspice and oil of oregano, along with garlic, to work against Salmonella, E. Coli, and L.monocytogenes infections. Oil of garlic should be prepared using dehydrated garlic only in order to prevent any risk of food poisoning. The garlic oil can be a base oil to then blend the essential oils of both Allspice and oregano for a remedy. Using these dilutions also in cooking is an excellent preventative, as all spices are medicinal by nature.
- Allspice berries contain an impressive amount of minerals such as selenium, potassium, manganese, iron, magnesium, and copper. Healthy red blood cell production is stimulated with the inclusion of naturally occurring iron. Iron in its natural form does not upset the stomach like iron supplements generally do. Iron is the critical co-factor for this cellular metabolism and is required for red blood cell production in the bone marrow. Allspice contains manganese in its natural compound. Manganese is the co-factor for SOD (superoxide dismutase) a super antioxidant enzyme. The potassium in Allspice berries works to regulate the heart beat and aids in reducing blood pressure. The benefits of an abundance of all of these naturally occurring minerals is all available in this natural spice berry.
- Another important antioxidant in Allspice berries if Vitamin C. Consuming foods rich in Vitamin C helps your body scavenge free radicals and pro-inflammatory agents. Vitamin C in Allspice occurs naturally and synergistically with decent amounts of B6, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, and Niacin all of which helps support your immune system and resistance to infectious diseases.
Tea– 1 cup serving/1 to 3 x per day, using 1 rounded teaspoon of ground seed, 1 to 3 times; simmered covered in 10 oz. of water for 60 minutes, strain. To prepare a larger batch use 1 rounded tablespoon of whole seed prepared as a Tea Concentrate
Ground– 500 mg to 3000 mg per day, averages 1 to 6 “00” capsules per day
Essential Oil– 10 to 15 drops in an air infuser, essential oil is 90% anethole. As a supplement, 1 drop in 1 cup of almond milk for indigestion.
Inhaled– Using Oil of Allspice or boil Berries as a steam to freshen the air
Steeping Temperature: 206 F degrees
Steep Time: 60 minutes covered
Serving Size: 1 rounded teaspoon/8 oz. water
Ingredients: Certified Organic Allspice Berries
Our products have not been evaluated by the US Food & Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat , cure or prevent disease. Information on this site is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or healthcare professional. You should consult with your physician prior to starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program or if you suspect you may have a health problem. We reserve the right to refuse or limit sales at our discretion. Our products are not intended for use by pregnant, nursing, or lactating women.