Anise Seed Powder- Certified Organic– This spice seed has a distinct sweet & aromatic licorice flavor which is used in pasta dishes, baking, cosmetics, and as a tea. In large doses it has a narcotic effect which is relaxing and somewhat euphoric. This tasty medicinal spice is rich in therapeutic polychemicals used in natural remedies.
Anise Seed medicinally is well known and highly effective as a digestive aid to reduce nausea, bloating, gas, and stomach ache. Similar to fennel, it is estrogenic which aids in the production of milk for nursing mothers. As a cold and flu remedy, it reduces lung congestion and bacteria. Anise Seed helps to reduce the aches and pains of arthritis, particularly RA. It is anti-inflammatory and slightly hormonal which may be beneficial to reducing autoimmune symptoms.
As an essential oil, Anise Seed is infused into the air to curb respiratory congestion and reduce mucous. The smell of infused Oil of Anise Seed helps to stimulate the appetite while convalescing.
Anise Seed Benefits May Include;
- Respiratory & bronchial infections, lung swelling & inflammation
- Found effective for arthritis & RA
- Stomach ache, nausea, gas, loss of appetite
- Promotes breast milk production in nursing mothers
- Digestive tonic
- Used in steam to inhale for colds and congestion, or essential oil is infused into the air
- Relieves symptoms of female menopause
- Estrogenic- Anise Seed contains anethole, which is a plant hormone which promotes lactation, proper menstruation flow, healthy hormones in women. Anise Seed is consumed by lactating women but not given to infants and small children except as an ingredient in foods.
- Fragrant use in infusers, perfumes, soaps, toothpaste, a popular spice found in pastries, candies, pasta dishes, and a variety of Italian, Japanese & Chinese dishes, companion with tomato, fennel and basil, perfect complement to many types of foods.
Tea– 1 cup serving/1 to 3 x per day; using 1 teaspoon of ground seed powder dissolved in 8 oz. of hot water. May add honey and/or milk. Steep 5 minutes and strain to remove grittiness. To prepare a larger batch use 1 tablespoon of ground seed powder prepared as a Tea Concentrate
Ground– 500 mg to 3000 mg per day
Capsules– 1-2 “00” capsules, 1-3 times per day
Essential Oil– 10 to 15 drops in an air infuser, essential oil is 90% anethole. As a supplement, 1 drop in 1 cup of almond milk for indigestion.
Inhaled– Using Oil of Anise Seed as a steam inhalation
Steeping Temperature: 206 F degrees
Steep Time: 30 to 60 minutes covered
Serving Size: 1 rounded teaspoons/8 oz. water
Ingredients: Certified Organic Anise Seed
Our products have not been evaluated by the US Food & Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat , cure or prevent disease. Information on this site is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or healthcare professional. You should consult with your physician prior to starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program or if you suspect you may have a health problem. We reserve the right to refuse or limit sales at our discretion. Our products are not intended for use by pregnant, nursing, or lactating women.